There are several small and quick things you can do now to help. As the appeal process develops we will keep this page updated with things that you can do to help.
1. Sign our appeal petition.
2. Print off a copy, collate signatures and return free of charge to the address at the bottom of the petition
3. Donate what you can (however small or large) to help us fund expert witnesses to defend against Amey Cespa at the appeal. We desperately need the help of experts to put up a robust fight- and we have very solid grounds to fight this on!
4. This one is really important! We've provided quick ways to do this to help you.
Email the planning inspectorate (the person who will recommend whether to over turn or uphold Cambridge County Council's decision to reject the application once the appeal information has been reviewed). Go to the Who to Email page.
5. Email or write to the council planning committee members (who rejected Amey's incinerator application in Sept 2018). It is important they know if people want their robust decision upheld because they will be called upon in the appeal to defend it. Go to the Who to Email page.
6. Write to your MP - they too need to know the importance of upholding the council's decision to reject this planning application. Go to the Who to Email page for their contact details and a draft emails to send (in progress).
7. Attend the appeal hearing - Shire Hall, Cambridge (5th Nov - 29th Nov)
It is so important that as many people as possible request to speak or send in a written comment to be read out. Last year many people did this at the CCC decision meeting and it really did make a BIG difference. People’s views MATTER and the inspector welcomes them.
Click here for a FAST template example of how to ask for a speaking slot or a comment to be read out.
More info on this also in the 'Who to Email' page.
8. Join the campaign group
Whether you can offer advice (scientific, legal, environmental, medical, communications etc), print or handout leaflets, gather petition signatures in town, put up signs and posters, man the website, spread the word on social media etc - we need you're help! Please email us - see Contacts page for details.
Join our facebook page
9. Spread the word
Chat to your friends, neighbours, colleagues. Please share on social media and encourage your contacts to share too.
10. Print off and display a CBWIN poster by clicking on image below:
11. Please keep checking this site for up to date info.